WHAT ARE COOKIES ?
Cookies are small text files sent by the site to the terminal of the person concerned (usually to the browser), where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the site on the next visit by the same user. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user’s hard drive or transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some of the cookie functions can be delegated to other technologies. In this document the term “cookies” refers to both cookies, properly so called, and all similar technologies.
Using cookies it is possible to record information relating to your preferences, such as the pages you browse or download files from our site. site or other similar actions carried out by browsing our site.
FIRST OR THIRD PART COOKIES
Cookies can be first or third party, where “first part” means cookies developed by the owner of the site, while “third party” means cookies developed by others than the site owner.
TYPE OF COOKIES.
Regarding the nature of cookies, there are different types:
Technical cookies. Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of “transmitting a communication over an electronic communication network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide this service “(see Article 122, paragraph 1 of the Code).
They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the website owner or manager. They can be divided into:
– browsing or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas); they are in fact necessary for the proper functioning of the site;
– analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site, in order to improve the site’s performance;
– functionality cookies, which allow the user to browse according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service rendered to the same. For the installation of these cookies, the prior consent of the user is not required (more information in the paragraph on cookie management below).
Profiling cookies. Profiling cookies are aimed at creating user profiles and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user in the context of web browsing.
The use of profiling cookies requires the consent of the interested party. According to the provision n. 229 of 8 May 2014, the user must be able to authorize or deny consent to the installation of profiling cookies if they are present.
In the case of third-party cookies, the site does not have direct control of individual cookies and cannot control them (it can neither install them directly nor delete them). You can still manage these cookies through your browser settings (follow the instructions below), or the sites listed in the “Manage cookies” section.
The User is therefore invited to check on the website of the third party indicated below.
DURATION OF COOKIES
Cookies have a duration dictated by the expiry date (or by a specific action such as closing the browser) set at the time of installation. Cookies can be:
- temporary or session (session cookies): they are used to store temporary information, allow to connect the actions performed during a specific session and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
- permanent (persistent cookies): they are used to store information, such as the login name and password, so as to prevent the user having to enter them again each time they visit a specific site. These remain stored in the computer even after closing the brows.
I c.d. session cookies, once the connection to this website is terminated, are not stored. The computer systems used for this site use temporary cookies.
You can disable cookies on websites by downloading special software such as Ghostery (https://www.ghostery.com) for your browser and disabling the use of individual cookies. Or you can activate the “anonymous surfing” mode – it is a function that allows you to navigate without leaving a trace in the browser of the navigation data. This function only allows you not to keep the navigation data in the browser.
Alternatively, you can disable / delete cookies by accessing your browser’s configuration panel.
ACCEPTANCE AND WAIVER OF COOKIES
COOKIES INSTALLED ON OUR SITE
|Cookie name||Purposes||First or third part||Web reference|
|_ga||Register a unique ID used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||Third part||www.google.it|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to limit the frequency of requests||www.google.it|
|_gid||Register a unique ID used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||www.google.it|
|_icl_current:language||Current Language||First part||www.alfredoporro.it|
|wpml_referer_rul||Management of portal languages||First part||www.alfredoporro.it|
|Qtrans_cookie_test||Session cookie needed to set the page language||First part||www.alfredoporro.it|